Life has been busy and hectic recently. I am now back in Bangkok after 5 weeks in the UK. It’s funny how quickly you forget just how chaotic this crazy city is, how the buzz of the traffic and the smell of street food quickly leaves you.
Life has been so busy, that I missed that I was awarded a Liebster award a few weeks ago, by the lovely Jade, author of An Invisible Crown. Jade is an Aussie currently living in London with her hubbie and cute dog!
I had forgotten how lost I felt when I first moved to Bangkok. Right now, I am feeling very lost again after leaving the safety net of my mum’s house in the UK where I have been for the last 5 weeks. I first started blogging as a means of something to do when I moved to Bangkok. I had presumed leaving a high pressured job to becoming a lady of leisure would be a walk in the park, but I quickly learned that this was not the case. I never really thought anyone would read my blog, so it was interesting when I realised that people were. What I also hadn’t realised was how supportive and how friendly the blogging community were!
I “met” Jade on twitter, and we like to swap tweets about our shared love of travel. I was stunned, but in the nicest way possible when I realised she had nominated my blog for an award, so thank you Jade for giving me a huge smile today!
Here’s the deal:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Write 11 questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.
1. Despite choosing a name that couldn’t be shortened, my parents have since called me anything but Anna.
2. I am very superstitious and believe every word Jonathon Cainer tells me in my horoscope.
3. I adore reality TV. I think I am the only person who still watches Big Brother.
4. I have been in love with Chesney Hawkes since he released I Am The One and Only. It is still my favourite song.
5. I went to Benidorm a few years ago with my friends, and we quickly became known across the bars for our love of cheesy music. An Irish bar even downloaded Music Man for us and we had everyone up dancing – best night ever!
6. I talk to my 2 cats and they understand every word I say to them. I am however not a crazy cat lady – promise!
7. When I get excited I like to squeal and flap my hands.
8. I truly believe that one day I will be fluent in Thai.
9. In a former life I was a lawyer.
10. I am a Princess #fact
11. Despite being a girly girl, I am really rubbish at applying make up.
The Questions I was Asked:
- Where is your dream travel destination?
Mmm. I love a good white beach and turquoise water. I have a real hankering to visit the Cook Islands.
- Have you ever had a not so good travel experience? Tell us all about it!
Although it was thankfully very short, the toilets or lack thereof, at Ban Phe pier remain a very vivid memory.
- When I say London, what’s the first thing that pops in to your head?
- What is your favourite food?
More a meal, but Sunday roast!
- What would your suggestion be for a great night out with friends?
Wine, chatter, cheesy music and of course, no night out is complete without a rendition of I am the One and Only on karaoke!
I have 2 beloved cats, Dusty and Socks.
- What’s your favourite show on TV at the moment? If you’re not in to TV, what book are you currently reading?
- Who is the person you most admire?
My mum. She knows why.
- What blogs are you reading at the moment?
Quite a few! I am obsessed reading the blog of anyone who lives in Thailand though in particular!
- If you came to my house and I offered you a drink, what would you ask for?
It would all depend on the time of day but would either be a nice mug of tea, a diet pepsi or a dry white wine!
- If you could re-live any particular moment in your life, what would that be?
Tough question! Far too many good and memorable moments to picks from, but it’s probably best to look forward rather than choose to re-live any of them.
My Questions to You:
1. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
2. I say Bangkok, you say……?
3. What book should I download next to read on my kindle?
4. Who is the person who has had the largest impact on shaping you as a person?
5. Pick 5 words to describe yourself.
6. Share an embarrassing story. Come on, you know you want too!
7. What was the last film you watched at the cinema?
8. If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
9. Do you have a holiday planned? If so where too? if not where would you like to go?
10. Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
11. What’s your biggest fear?
My Chosen Blogs: